E-commerce personalization examples will help you curate a highly customized site for your online shoppers.
A personalized shopping experience will always generate returning and loyal customers for your online store. Personalizing the e-commerce experience will help you create a unique and memorable shopping experience for your website visitors.
If you want to increase your customer satisfaction by personalizing your store, you should better understand your target audience. This blog will help you understand the benefits of e-commerce personalization by curating the best examples in the industry.
What is E-commerce Personalization?
In simple terms, e-commerce personalization is recommending products/services to online shoppers based on their preferences.
Recent research shows that by 2023, online purchases will rise from 14.1% to 22%. Personalizing your e-commerce store will help you enhance the customer journey and stand out from your competitors. To achieve personalization in their e-commerce stores, online business owners should first understand their customer base.
What are the benefits of Personalizing your Online Store?
Online business owners have several benefits in personalizing their online store. Customers will feel immensely valued if you understand their preferences and devise strategies for your e-commerce website. Other benefits include:
- Creating a loyal customer base.
- You should find different ways to generate consistent revenue. By personalizing your online store, you will not only satisfy the existing customers, but you will also generate more returning customers for your store.
- Customer lifetime value (CLV) is generating revenue from customers during the time of the business relationship. If you develop a loyal customer base your CLV will increase exponentially.
- An e-commerce store will have many casual website visitors. If your store is personalized, you will captivate online shoppers and convert more website visitors into customers.
- Personalized recommendations in the store will also reduce customer abandonment and increase the rate of retention.
True AI to engage shoppers in conversational eCommerce. Create happy customers while growing your business!
5% to 35% Increase in AOV*
20% to 40% Increase in Revenue*
25% to 45% Reduction in Support Tickets
WE GUARANTEE RESULTS!
*When shoppers engage with Ochatbot®
How to Personalize Your E-commerce Store – 9 E-commerce Personalization Examples
Online store owners should personalize their e-commerce store by considering several factors. If you track the user behavior in your online store, then you can easily enhance your customer experience in your e-commerce store effectively. Here are nine operative ways to personalize your services to online shoppers:
1. AI Chatbot
Artificial Intelligence-powered chatbots converse with shoppers and provide customer support through conversation as well as recommending products. AI chatbots are extremely beneficial for an e-commerce business to understand more about its target audience.
60% of online shoppers use chatbots to get answers to their questions. Technological advances in chatbots such as artificial intelligence and sentiment analysis technology help you collect customer data through the conversation and understand the emotional intent behind the feedback.
2. Email Marketing
Sending mass emails to online shoppers to generate returning customers is an outdated strategy. In personalized email marketing, you should collect the data of your customers like past purchases, search history, recent products they purchased, etc.
With these details, an e-commerce site owner can understand the pattern in the purchase history and customers’ preferences. Hence, sending personalized emails that include their names and recommending relevant products in relation to their previous purchases will highlight your service and make you unique from the competitors.
Personalizing the email subject line is one of the effective ways to generate more return on investment and boost sales in the e-commerce store.
3. Personal Campaigns
Marketing campaigns are essential to boost the presence of your online store to your target audience. You will not gain traffic and website visitors if there is no visibility for your brand.
Creating brand awareness is the first and foremost step that every e-commerce business owner should take. For instance, your customers should know about your brand and how it resolves their pain points. Online business owners will generate more new customers with personalized marketing campaigns.
- Online business owners should first select the social channels where there is a major presence of their target audience.
- Seasonal sales in personalized marketing will help you generate more new customers during the seasonal influx.
- At times, your target base will not know about your brand or its specifications. In this scenario, you should promote your products through brand awareness content.
- Conducting a contest or giveaway to online shoppers will help you gain popularity for your products and brand.
83% of consumers are willing to share their data to receive the benefits of a personalized experience.
Through the personalization efforts in the campaigns, you can increase the average order value and strengthen your place in the market.
4. Geo-Specific Recommendations
To make your recommendations more specific and personal, you can recommend the products to customers based on their location.
Geo-specific recommendations are a personalization strategy that will gather your customers in different locations. Online stores can increase their sales through this personalization tactic.
5. Personalized Product Pages
E-commerce product page optimization plays an important part in increasing sales and captivating more customers.
You will captivate your target audience through upselling and cross-selling strategies on the product pages. You can recommend products they were searching for and encourage them to purchase the premium versions. Many online stores address customers for the first time on their product pages.
6. Review-Based Product Recommendations
Customers are likely to purchase products that have good customer feedback and reviews. While your online shoppers are surfing through your products, you can recommend highly rated products.
Review-based product recommendations on your e-commerce site are the finest example of telling your customers that your service is credible and personalized. Your customers need not apply filters to find their desired products. Highly rated product recommendations provide an exclusive shopping experience for every online shopper.
7. Suggest Products with Discounts
Not every online shopper will go through your discounts and coupons to purchase products. In this case, you can suggest complementary products with discounts while they are trying to purchase a product in your online store.
Discounts and offers can be based on previous purchases and also for new customers. These will help you generate more revenue for your products.
8. Downselling Products
Upselling and cross-selling products in the e-commerce industry are recommending similar products and premium products to your customers.
Down-selling a product is an effective strategy that recommends products with low prices and increases product purchase rates. If your customers are not ready to afford their desired products, they will purchase more relevant products through a down-selling strategy.
9. Attract Your Customers in the Check-Out Process
When your customers leave your online store without purchasing any products, you can remind your customers about the products they have previously added to the cart.
Adding reminders in the checkout process will help you regain more lost customers. This e-commerce personalization example not only captivates customers but also generates more repeat customers and purchases.
- Automated Conversation – The Future of eCommerce
- 11 Best Chatbot Platforms You Should Check Out for eCommerce
- 6 Ways: Boost Shopify Conversion Rate with Chatbots
- WooCommerce vs Shopify vs BigCommerce – Which is Best?
- 5 Ways: How to Build Effective Chatbot Strategy?
Major online platforms such as Amazon and Flipkart personalize their service to their customers to increase brand loyalty.
If you are starting an online store, you should first focus on creating a loyal customer base. Hence your brand will gain more visibility and generate revenue consistently. This article extensively curated examples of personalizing your store in the e-commerce market. You may implement these effective strategies and enhance your brand awareness.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the importance of e-commerce personalization?
E-commerce personalization will make your customers feel more valued in your store. Personalization is a user-generated strategy in the e-commerce industry.
2. What is upselling in an e-commerce store?
Recommending relevant products with a premium price is an upselling strategy in an e-commerce store. With upselling strategy, you will encourage your customers to spend more.
3. What are the benefits of e-commerce personalization?
Generating a loyal customer base, inviting returning customers, enhancing customer lifetime value, and boosting high conversion rates and customer retention are the major benefits of e-commerce personalization.
- How do AI Chatbots Enhance Your E-mail Marketing Strategy - September 28, 2023
- What is Generative AI? - September 26, 2023
- 8 Ways AI Chatbots Can Be Used for User Onboarding - September 25, 2023