Are you a business-to-business (B2B) business owner who wants to know the best B2B eCommerce platforms? You clicked on the right article to learn about what a B2B eCommerce platform is and what the best B2B eCommerce platforms are.
The recent report by Digital Commerce 360 elucidated that online sales keep increasing by 17.8% in the B2B eCommerce platform, so B2B eCommerce platforms flourish every day. If you are a B2B eCommerce store owner, this article will help you learn about the best B2B platforms that drive revenue.
Jump to the Content
What is a B2B eCommerce Platform?
B2B eCommerce is an eCommerce type that sells services or goods online between two businesses. B2B eCommerce platforms are where many online store owners set up their B2B online stores and sell services and goods to their business customers.
There are various eCommerce platforms with unique features that connect with their business customers efficiently. It is always best to choose the eCommerce store that has long-term professional eCommerce scope. Here are a few features of B2B eCommerce platforms:
- Comprehensive customer service.
- Marketing tools and promotional services.
- Additional APIs for third-party app integration.
- Support options for online merchants.
- Order tracking and password protection.
- Manage inventory and flexible checkout.
B2B eCommerce Customer Groups
A B2B eCommerce platform has different customer relationships so you must understand your customer base to enhance the customer experience in the B2B stores.
Customer service in the B2B eCommerce platforms requires punctuality and authenticity. Many leads reach the B2B eCommerce owner by scheduling the meetings, finding the target audience, and choosing the B2B eCommerce sites. When done correctly, this boosts the revenue of a B2B platform, so it is best to find a suitable platform for B2B eCommerce site owners for your business by analyzing the customer segmentation.
Difference Between B2B and B2C Platforms
There are different types of eCommerce businesses with different target audiences. The eCommerce business between the private customers and the online business owners is business to customers (B2C) eCommerce.
B2B eCommerce is the business between one online business owner to business customers. The target audience of B2B businesses is other business owners and B2C businesses target personal customers.
5 Best B2B eCommerce Platforms
There are several B2B eCommerce platforms that allow business customers to make sales with advanced features. A B2B eCommerce platform offers many benefits for an online business owner by streamlining eCommerce functionality with the best features. Here are the 5 best B2B eCommerce solutions to extend your business into new markets.
Magento Commerce is one of the best eCommerce business platforms that provide exceptional inventory management to major companies. The platform also enhances the B2B customer experience by offering unique features on its websites for wholesale customers.
Many eCommerce business owners are reluctant to choose eCommerce platforms that are too technical. This is not technical software and allows online business owners to choose various plug-ins and themes. Magento also has different website optimization and customization options, and free flexible services for online business owners.
True AI to engage shoppers in conversational eCommerce. Create happy customers while growing your business!
5% to 35% Increase in AOV*
20% to 40% Increase in Revenue*
25% to 45% Reduction in Support Tickets
WE GUARANTEE RESULTS!
*When shoppers engage with Ochatbot®
- Search engine optimization is more effective compared to other eCommerce platforms.
- Customers navigate eCommerce platforms from different devices. Choosing eCommerce platforms optimized for both desktop and mobile will decrease the chances of customers abandoning your website, and Magento is mobile-friendly.
- Magento platform is exclusive for the B2B customer groups. The flexibility and rich customization will captivate customers.
- Magento is one of the high-performing B2B eCommerce platforms. Managing slow websites is a major challenge that every eCommerce site owner faces, and Magento doesn’t take long to load. 32-64 RAM GB will support your products effectively.
- Magento is not a cost-effective platform. The development costs are high for small business owners.
- The investment is huge in the platform.
- The customization options in Magento are vast and extensive. But, the customization process is time-consuming.
Bigcommerce is another B2B eCommerce platform that allows B2B store owners to integrate many applications. This platform also allows online business owners to sell their goods and services on different platforms such as Facebook, and Amazon.
Payment gateways in Bigcommerce are flexible and have various options for online business owners. The purchase feeds allow eCommerce store owners to drive traffic and website visitors. Bigcommerce also provides great support and allows you to install apps for improving the conversion rate. Social marketing is significant to market your services to the target audience effectively, and Bigcommerce helps you integrate your website to Facebook.
- Managing the stock with an intuitive interface is efficient for product management and returns.
- Bigcommerce is a mobile-friendly eCommerce platform, your customers will not get exasperated while viewing the website from mobile.
- The basic structure and tools of Bigcommerce are SEO friendly. Search engine optimization is necessary to increase ranking and website visitors. The SEO structure of Bigcommerce will boost your ranking on the search results pages.
- The technical support will boost your website’s performance and constantly help you increase the eCommerce functionality.
- Bigcommerce is a better platform for startups, so if you are a large enterprise, then Bigcommerce is not a suitable platform.
- The built-in themes of the Bigcommerce platform are expensive.
- There are various pricing plans on the Bigcommerce platform, the Pro plan in Bigcommerce is quite expensive but has every feature.
WooCommerce plugin is the best space for both B2B and B2C eCommerce site owners. The functions of WooCommerce B2B are effective with multiple registration fields, and there are also multiple built-in features of the B2B plugin:
- Buying leads.
- Quick orders.
- Supplier reviews.
Customers may create instant orders with this eCommerce platform. Analyzing sales is an easy task with WooCommerce B2B because the analytics will help you grow your business. WooCommerce B2B has different features such as chatting with the supplier, quotation requests to customers, social channels, and dedicated profiles to suppliers.
- WooCommerce B2B has various location customization on the website.
- There is a built-in blog with flexible categories management.
- Product filtering and sorting are easy for online business owners.
- WooCommerce is an SEO-friendly eCommerce platform that matches the SEO guidelines in a great way.
- The frontend and backend technicalities of the WooCommerce platform are fast-loading.
- WooCommerce plugin is in WordPress, so you cannot use the other sites that WordPress doesn’t host.
- A few extensions of the WooCommerce platform are expensive for small business owners.
- The updates in the WooCommerce platform are tricky and technical.
- WooCommerce’s dependency on various other plugins might hamper your online store.
If you are looking for an eCommerce platform to set up your online stores with one click, then Shopify Plus is the best choice. Shopify Plus is an easy setup shop for B2B business owners.
Shopify Plus has exceptional solutions such as flexible payments, shopping cart, order management, and product introduction. This platform is exclusively for B2B site owners who want a highly customizable place to build their online stores.
There are many automated resources available in Shopify Plus for B2B business owners to market and enterprise their brands. Inventory management, tracking the customer’s journey on the website, and product cataloging come under automated resources. One of the best things about setting up shop in Shopify Plus is that the platform is suitable for all business sizes.
- Shopify Plus has exciting dropshipping potential.
- Customer support is essential in eCommerce platforms, and Shopify Plus has 24/7 customer support.
- Shopify Plus is highly customizable. You can provide personalized services to your target audience with this platform.
- It is easier to link multiple eCommerce domains to your online store on the Shopify Plus platform.
- Shopify Plus has many limitations for online store owners. There are fewer triggers and urgent creations compared to other eCommerce platforms.
- The payment options in Shopify Plus are not flexible, and there are errors when you make payments in certain countries.
- The terms and conditions of Shopify Plus are rigid.
- The content management system of this eCommerce platform is tricky and needs room for improvement.
Netalogue eCommerce platform for B2B eCommerce stores has various benefits for online business owners because it is intended for B2B sites. This platform provides support for different B2B sectors, diverse options, and support.
This B2B eCommerce platform has customers in seven countries.Netalogue provides an exceptional business model for B2B businesses, including checkout coupons, upselling and cross-selling activities.
- Customer navigation in this eCommerce platform is flexible and this platform is a fully customizable store.
- It is easy to build a basic online store for large enterprise-level businesses on the Netalogue platform.
- The delivery process of Netalogue is highly efficient.
- The SEO and multi-channel management in this eCommerce platform are effective.
- Corporate account management in the platform is not as efficient compared to other eCommerce stores.
6. Yo!Kart B2B
The B2B niche has distinct requirements. For this reason, B2B eCommerce software that is purpose-built to serve specific needs gives users the ease of conducting their business online.
Yo!Kart B2B, has been designed by the Yo!Kart team after years of working in the B2B eCommerce industry. As a result of which it can support core B2B requirements, and offers multi-vendor functionality out of the box.
To aid bulk orders and high-value transactions in B2B, it has features like Minimum Order Quantity, Bulk Order Discount, flexible payment options for buyers, an In-built RFQ module for negotiations, and others. Yo!Kart B2B also allows platform participants ― sellers and buyers to carry on with longer sales cycles, a significant aspect of B2B sales. It allows direct seller-buyer interaction, individual storefronts for sellers, and more.
Furthermore, Yo!Kart B2B is secure, reliable, and is built to offer high performance despite increasing traffic or listings. It is scalable and offers extensive scope for customizations. For higher business possibilities, It has API-driven underpinnings that allow integrations with third-party APIs. It is already offered with multiple business APIs and payment gateways integrated, out of the box.
Significantly, Yo!Kart B2B is self-hosted and License based. It is available (with source code) for a lifetime of use with a single payment.
- In-built intuitive RFQ module.
- Offer services with products on the platform.
- Inventory management, intuitive shipping, accounting, and other features to ease and automate eCommerce operations.
- Multiple marketing features and availability of extensive Reports & Analytics.
- One-time charges with no hidden, recurring, or transactional fee.
- Free technical support.
- In-house team for customizations, if needed.
- Limited support for themes, out of the box
- With multiple features available, the learning curve can be high.
Are you ready to enhance your sales with your B2B business? The first step you should take is finding the best B2B eCommerce platform that suits your business, and the five in this article are the best options.
The right eCommerce platform should match your business needs. It’s best to keep an eye out for essential features of eCommerce stores and reach your target audience with personalized services. Until then, check out our latest posts to learn more about eCommerce.
- All You Need to Know About eCommerce Digital Marketing
- Best Shopify Apps to Increase Sales – 2022
- Shopify Filters & 5 Site Best Practices – 2022 Guide
- 10 Tips for eCommerce Product Marketing
- Top 5 eCommerce Companies in 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Alibaba an eCommerce platform for B2B businesses?
Yes, Alibaba is an international B2B eCommerce platform that has top-selling products on its site. The pricing plans in the Alibaba eCommerce platform are suitable for various retailers.
What is a business model for B2B eCommerce service?
The business model for B2B eCommerce services revolves around the retailer, manufacturer, and wholesaler.
Is Shopify good for B2C business?
Shopify platform is good for both B2B and B2C businesses. If you are a B2C business owner, you should choose Shopify, whereas a B2B business owner may choose Shopify Plus.
- What are Chatbot Intents and How to Train Your Chatbot Based on Them - October 25, 2023
- All You Need to Know About Chatbot Security: Risks and Preventions - August 11, 2023
- Enhance Your eCommerce Customer Experience With These 9 Insights - August 10, 2023